Part of the steering group
Alliance members who are already participating
About this steering group
The outcomes of this steering group
- A data center map, based on the electricityMap.org, hosted as part of the SDIA website
- A framework & rules on how data centers are displayed and how their carbon emissions from Scope 2 are calculated
- Continous governance through the steering group of the map and the development of additional functionalities
- A comparison tool for comparing data centers in different regions based on their historic, current and forecasted carbon emissions in electricity
- Ongoing communication and policy campaigns that support the visibility of the map, and the showcased data centers
What do organizations gain from participation in the steering group?
- Shape the map to meet your own requirements and to ensure you can use it to educate your customers
- Visibility on the map and transparency on the Scope 2 emissions as well as power purchasing practices
- Continued development of the map as well as the development of new functionalities that enable a better understanding and comparability of facilities based on their Scope 2 emissions
- Governance over adding new data centers and the accounting of carbon emissions from the electricity mix
How are funds and contributions from steering group members being used?
- Development: Developing the map and integrating into the SDIA website as well as license fees for the use of the electricityMap API
- Communication campaigns: Showcasing the map into the market and promoting transparency on Scope 2 emissions as well as educating on the differences between the various green electricity schemes
What can I expect from the steering group?
- Regular monthly or bimonthly meetings with updates and reading material distributed to all participants.
- Governance of new participants, data centers being added to the map, the framework of comparing data centers with each other, and the calculation of Scope 2 emissions from electricity
- Moderation and organization performed by SDIA with ample opportunities to provide input and comments.
- Gatherings of all steering group members for workshops and networking to further facilitate the Alliance and drive partnership building within the group.