We hosted our first Around the Alliance session live on LinkedIn on Thursday, 15 July at 16:00 CEST.
What was the session about?
The topic was Change challenge: Barriers for sustainable data centers & refurbishment?
The session highlighted the business cases in sustainability. Utilizing a roundtable discussion format with key players shaping the future of digital infrastructure, we showcased that sustainability can be profitable and accessible, especially for data center operators, software developers, and hardware & network providers.
This Around the Alliance session was moderated by our Executive Chairman Max Schulze.
The panelists were:
Content of the session
We kicked off the event with the introduction of all panelists, followed by discussion facilitated by Max and the audience asking questions to the panelists. Below you can find some of the questions discussed:
- Why is not every company implementing OCP's solutions?
- Will traditional original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) sell OCP solutions in the future?
- What are the barriers for companies to relocate electrically intensive workloads to the Nordics?
- How do we measure the carbon footprint of software?
- Does the OCP community provide lifecycle models for their kits?
- What incentives can influence the behavior?
At the end, every panelists shared some final words and we ended on a positive note.
We had a great discussion with interesting opinions, industry insights, and a very engaged community. You can watch the recorded session below, and a big thanks to the panelists and all people that attended this event!
We are looking forward to our next Around the Alliance session in August.